Friday, October 9, 2009

What I hate most about myself

Reading: Little Indiscretions: A Delectable Mystery by Carmen Posadas (new feature of this blog, haha)
Listening to: Joyenergizer - Joy Kitikonti (i love trance music)

Hi guys! First of all, I wanna greet my dad who turns 53 today! Wee!!!! Happy Birthday Pa!
I'm also happy that today's a Friday, and I'm writing this on a cold and rainy night. I'm also two more requirements away from going on official sem break, so more yeys! Plus, in celebration of my dad's birthday, we had pizza, spaghetti and brazo de mercedes (best cake evar!) Today's just a great day :D
********************************
So even though I'm in such a ridiculously happy mood tonight, the subject of today's post will not be a very lighthearted subject.
I would like to start off by saying that I'm a very ambitious person. I set ridiculously high goals for myself. I know that it's not wrong to do something like that since it will motivate you more to accomplish the little tasks which will ultimately lead to that larger goal. However, it seems that lately, I have been putting off a lot of things. Although you do have to take little breaks once in a while, it appears that I have taken one too many, leading to a frightening realization that when I step out into the real world, I won't be equipped with the proper skills I need to go into the career that I want. I've noticed that all the things that I need to do before I graduate, I haven't done yet. I don't wanna see myself in the future thinking, "if only I studied this or learned that, I might've gotten that job." So now I'm writing this in order to explicitly show to myself that I need to act now and do all the plans that have only been kept in my head. Even when I get an urge to do them, I ignore those urges, simply because I'm too lazy or I feel that it isn't the 'right' time to do them. Well now I've realized that each moment is right, since you might not even get to that right moment. So when I'm rereading this, what's gonna pop into my head is this: "HEY NIKKA, DON'T SPEND THE NEXT FOUR HOURS OF YOUR LIFE SITTING HERE AND READING ABOUT INTERNET MEMES OR WATCHING USELESS VIDEOS. GET UP AND DO SOMETHING DAMMIT!" And I hope that I'll 'listen.'
ciaO!

No comments:

Post a Comment