Monday, June 1, 2009

Hey hey hey!!

Hi guys! First of all, you may (or may not) have noticed that I've changed my blog skin to a more conservative on from Blogger. The unreadability (small font, no dividers) of the former skin is a factor, along with my inability to post pictures and stuff without messing up the layout. I do intend to find (or make) a more different skin.
*****
Anyway, today starts my official two-week 'vacation' before the first semester of my junior year starts. Last week, I had four extra days of Nothingness (borrowed from my favorite literary character evar) before the real start of my break, which I spent doing exactly that, nothing. Well not really nothing, I did do some reading, sketching and whatnot.
Recently, I've been learning how to ride a bike. Back when I was about 10 or 11, I also tried to learn at my grandma's house, but to no avail. Now though, being a little bit older and more in tune with my meager athletic abilities, I was able to learn the basics in a couple of days. I still fall down and tumble though, but with a bit more practice, I may be cruising the cement roads of these streets soon, singing out of tune and wind in my hair and all (stopping occasionally to let the large trucks and dogs pass).
(I would also like to tell you all about the two conventions that my sister and I went to last May 26, but I think I'll save that for another post (I'd like to say that it's gonna be a picture-heavy post, but then again, laziness may overcome me -haha).)
Hm..what more, what more..Last week, I had a reunion with my closest friends for high school, mainly because it was the birthday of one of them. We mostly hung out at the mall, terrorized a KFC joint, ate chocolate cakes (and cheesecake and tiramisu) and sang our hearts out at karaoke (it's kind of a tradition with us). I'm just sad I wasn't able to bring my camera.
While I'm on a roll...A blockmate who invited me to a CARPER support group at school also tagged me along to a lobbying activity at Congress, where we visited offices of congressmen and convinced them to hopefull vote for the bill. I enjoyed it a lot, although there was this tiny bit of feeling inside me that our efforts might not succeed. And yet, with each congressman who said that yes, they were pro-CARPER, well, that tiny bit slowly withers away. I just hope it disappears altogether, so that I can say that there is hope for this country (I'm not even gonna comment on that Katrina-Hayden sex tape, it's just plain rubbish showbiz news - although I do care for women's rights, but shouldn't they have done something about this long ago? I mean, sex tapes have been a flourishing business a long time now. Yes, I have commented on the issue now.).
Ciao!
update (not a legitimate one, since this is only a couple of seconds after the post, but what the heck): Right now, the radio is playing Adam Lambert's 'Mad World' rendition, so I just remembered..I AM upset that Adam didn't win, but I'm just glad he won't have "No Boundaries" as his first single. I expect him to have a Lady Gaga/Madonna-type of album, something bombastic (what kind of word is this?) and explosive. Lastly, I am largely scandalized by Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi" music video...but she's still the best for me!
Ciao again!

No comments:

Post a Comment